A St. Loius native, Charlie Garside has been been a music fanatic as long as he can remember. His early interest in rock music inspired him to experiment with both bass and rhythm guitar, and in high school he discovered an equally powerful love for hip hop and electronic music. In his college years, Charlie has enjoyed writing for college publications about his favorite trends and new artists emerging in the industry. After interning with C+A, Charlie is eager to expand on his ability to fill a dance floor with energy.
What are your five favorite songs on the C+A 80% List?
- "I Want You Back" - Jackson 5
- "Like A Prayer" - Madonna
- "American Boy" - Estelle & Kanye
- "Come On Eileen" - Dexy's Midnight Runners
- "Hey Ya" - Outkast
What three genres of music have inspired you?
- Art Rock: Artists like David Bowie, Radiohead, and Pink Floyd were absolutely essential to me forming my own opinions on music in the first place.
- Hip Hop / R&B: The (large) genre that opened me up to a world of complex lyricism and incredible percussion.
- 2000's Pop: A golden era of pop music, where mega artists like Justin Timberlake and Kanye West curated my car rides to and from elementary school.