Joseph Hyun Moon
Joseph feels that music is the rabbit hole he has jumped inside - and no matter how hard he tries he can't get out! This is a good thing, of course, as music has shaped who he is as a person. Joseph, or DJ Krazy, made it his mission to become a DJ and wouldn't rest until he achieved his goal. A few years back, he enrolled at the infamous Scratch DJ Academy in Chicago and learned how to blend and scratch from some of the most seasoned DJs in the game. It was during his training that he realized his passion for Chicago House and 90s Hip Hop. Upon graduating, Joseph began to perform at spots all around the Chicago area, gaining valuable experience. Joseph now rocks dance floors at all styles of events, including weddings and clubs. At the end of the day, he can be nothing but thankful - he believes he owes all of his success to his friends and family who support his passion of music and performing as a DJ.
What are your five favorite songs on the C+A 80% List?
- "Thriller" - Michael Jackson
- "Mo Money, Mo Problems" - The Notorious BIG
- "Billie Jean" - Michael Jackson
- "Return of The Mack" - Mark Morrison
- "Big Poppa" - The Notorious BIG
What three genres of music have inspired you?
- Chicago House: It is very culturally iconic for people like me who grew up in Chicago listening to these amazing songs. You'd hear them in clubs and on the radio back in the day, and it was so cool to feel like I am a part of this special community.
- 90s Hip Hop: This music is so rhythmic and fun to mix in my DJ sets. It is an essential part of any good DJ's repertoire, so I make sure to include 90s hip hop in all of my performances. Plus, most people know all the words to those songs!
- Electronic: I like EDM because it grew from classic forms of house and techno and built on it. It is an umbrella term for a larger amount of subgenres today, but I enjoy EDM because producers can get creative with their music and I love discovering new bangers online!